For Hall Rental information
Phone: (250) 542-2500
Servicing the Community Since 1949
For over 100 years, the Station House, which now comprises one wing of our
new Community Hall, served the Okanagan Landing in a number of ways.
When the CPR provided the only transportation from Vernon to the south Okanagan, fruit, vegetables, goods, and people passed through the Station House doors to board the Sternwheelers which plied this route.
When the railroad withdrew its services in 1836, the Station House passed into private hands. It was renovated to serve as an apartment house until it was donated to the Okanagan Landing & District Community Association by Wes and Kay Whitehead in 1982. Since its restoration has long been a dream of the Association, it seemed appropriate to incorporate it into our new facility and mirror its architectural features in the New Hall Wing. Now we are ready to put this heritage building into use again to serve our community as a repository for historical memorabilia and photos from our colourful past.
The Okanagan Landing Station House Museum opens for the summer season on July 5, 2018.
The museum celebrates the history of the area and houses an amazing 21' x 4 ' scale model depicting Okanagan Landing in 1914 when sternwheelers provided the only transportation from Vernon to Penticton. Open in the summer months (July & August) Thursday to Sunday from 11am to 3pm. Admission is by donation. For off season or out of hours group tours, please call (250) 558-4233.