For Hall Rental information
Phone: (250) 542-2500
Servicing the Community Since 1949
OKANAGAN LANDING COMMUNITY HALL RENTAL
We are so fortunate to have the Community Hall–a beautiful and functional meeting place for a wide variety of events and activities. It is available to be rented by Association members and the general public. Rental of the hall to individuals, groups, and clubs, etc. provides revenue to help fund Association and community activities. Over the years, the Hall has provided space for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, church services, dinners, dances, celebrations of life, BBQ’s, exercise classes, and square dancing. Keep us in mind for your next event.
The Okanagan Landing Community Hall is located in Paddlewheel Park at 7813 Okanagan Landing Road, Vernon, BC.
Features of the hall:
- located in Paddlewheel Park on the shore of Okanagan Lake
Please remember that if you are a Landing Association Member you will receive reduced hall rental rates.
General Rental Information:
When you rent the hall, you have the use of the hall itself, the deck, the kitchen and of course the bathrooms. There are fifty 6 ft x 2 ½ ft tables and 200 chairs included in the cost of rental. No linens, dishes or utensils are provided by the hall, but there are two large coffee urns and one smaller one for tea available.
The kitchen has two stoves, a cooler, smaller freezer, and a microwave. You can use any caterer of your choice. The kitchen is designed to support catered meals, but NOT the preparation of meals from scratch. In other words, it is not a commercial kitchen. Caterers in Vernon are quite aware of this.
- Full day rental gives you access from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. the following morning. These times include the set up and take down times.
- If you have a dance, we need to collect $62.13—in addition to the rental cost—for the SOCAN (musician’s copyright) license.
- If you have a bar, you are responsible for obtaining the liquor permit.
- You are required to have special event insurance naming Okanagan Landing & District Community Association as the co-insured. This can be obtained through a broker of your choice, or you can make application through our carrier. For a wedding, the cost is $160/day if there is a bar and $60 if no liquor is served. This gives you $2,000,000 liability insurance. It is mandatory to obtain a liquor permit in order to put insurance in place.
- To secure a booking, you are required to sign a contract and provide a deposit (cheque or cash). If the event is cancelled with more than 60 days notice (prior to the event), the full deposit will be refunded. If less than 60 days notice is given, only a portion of the deposit will be refunded.
- Please see Rental Contract and Rental Rates for more detailed information.
If you would like further information about the Hall and availability, please call 542-2500 to leave a message or E-mail
Download our hall rates and rental agreement. These are pdf files that require Adobe Software.
Please call for our hall rates and rental agreement. Updated pdf files that require Adobe Software will be available soon.
Rental Rates - 2017
Please email or call for updated rates and contract.